I want to think S. Moose for agreeing to do this author interview for me.
S. Moose is such a sweet lady and her writing is FABULOUS!!!
You don’t want to miss her books. They will make you laugh and cry. Your emotions will be all over the place.
- If you could tell your 18-year-old self one thing, what would it be? Breathe. Live. Fly. Breathe slowly and take it all in then let it all out. Live your life to the fullest. Fly. Take your goals and what you want to do and go after it.
- What is your favorite restaurant? Sak’s Thai Cuisine – it’s my Uncle’s restaurant and I’ve included this in several of my stories.
- Where is your favorite or dream vacation spot? Sicily, Italy.
- What do you eat and drink while writing? Eat: Snacks – chips and crackers. Sometimes I get something healthyish haha like fruit. Drink: Water/Sugar Free Red Bull/Black coffee/Something with Vodka lol
- Are you a very organized person? That’s cute. No, I am not.
- What is your favorite TV show? Law and order SVU
- Who is your favorite entertainer (comedian, musician, actor, etc.)? Kevin Hart
- How many siblings so you have? 2
- How often do you curse? Eh. Not as much as I used to. Mom life took over.
This or That:
- Toilet paper: Over or Under? Over
- Beer or Wine? Wine
- Tattoos or no tattoos? No tattoos – too scared lol and I love tanning too much
- Christmas or Halloween? Christmas
- Cookie or Cake? Cookie
- Beach or Mountains? Beach
- Phone Call or Text? Text
- Mac or PC? Mac
- Card Game or Board Game? Card game
- Day or night? Night
- Fire or ice? Fire
Book Related Questions: **SPOILERS AHEAD**
- Say It Again was the first book of yours that I read. Cameron and Jacob have a great second chance story. Why did Cameron hold what happened so close to her heart? She felt as though Jacob used her and since Cameron didn’t have too much confidence, she thought he used her. To many girls, losing your virginity is a big deal. A lot of Cameron is who I used to be when I was younger. We fall so easily for the sexy, sweet, and nice guy and when we wake up and he’s not there, the first thing that usually comes to our mind is I wasn’t good enough.
- Why did it take her so long to forgive him? Because she held on to her hurt and anger for so long. She wasn’t sure what was real and what was a lie.
- Breathing You In….this book contains cheating. Some readers do not like cheating. Why did you write cheating into the book? That’s a great question! Honestly, it’s what I felt. I didn’t really want characters to like her and I wanted them to FEEL for Logan and to understand him. Did I get a lot of backlash? OH YES. Did it make the story powerful? I truly believe so.
- Do you think you should have put a warning about cheating in this book? Nope. Hehehe.
- Leaving the cheating aside, this book was an emotional roller coaster, in a good way. Why did you have them going back and forth so often? Logan is my favorite. He’s so broken and so unsure. Even though he’s an alpha male who is rich and has it all, he really doesn’t until Hannah pushes herself into his life. This is the reality of so many relationships. Feelings become real and fear takes over.
- My heart broke for Logan the loss of his wife and daughter and for Hannah over the loss of her brother. Why did you write both characters as lost souls? Why not just one? I wanted to make readers cry to be perfectly honest. I wanted to show readers that even though you’re broken and sad and have gone through so much in your life, you can still find a way to be happy. Having these two be broken and lost felt so right. They taught each other how to love and how to live.
- Why I’m Yours was a great book. Raegan’s story was so hard to read. Was it hard to write that part of the book? Yes. So hard. CA Harms and I went through that part so many times. We didn’t want that scene to be too graphic, but enough so readers can feel her pain and understand WHY she was the way she was.
- Why did you make it where Raegan didn’t automatically fall in love with Drew? We wanted to make their story as real as possible. She couldn’t fall in love with him right away because her fear and insecurity was greater than how she felt for him. When she does give in, swooooon, all I can say.
- Did you feel that you needed to put the trigger warning on this book? Yes. For sure. There are so many men and women who are victims of rape and sexual abuse. We didn’t want the monsters of their past to hurt them and have this book trigger pain for them.
- Tell Me Now is your newest book, which is a duet. What can readers expect in this book? Readers can expect a whole lot of sexy. Tell Me Now is on the level of Interrupted in regards to the sex scenes. There’s a lot. Tell Me Now was such a fun book to write. I love Bryce and Madison’s story and cannot wait to conclude their story in Show Me How.
Random Ending Questions:
- Who are your one-click authors? Sandi Lynn, AL Jackson, Michelle Dare, Rebecca Brooke, CA Harms, Kaylee Ryan, Kendall Ryan, Tijan, Vi Keeland, Penelope Ward, Adriana Locke, Heidi McLaughlin, Kathy Coopmans, HJ Bellus, Corinne Michaels, MNever, Jodi Ellen Mallpas, SL Scott, Emily Goodwin, Aurora Rose Reynolds, Charisse Spiers, Meghan March, Heather Lynn, Jessica Sorensen – yeahhhh I have a lot LOL!
- Do you write full-time or part-time? Part time
- If you had to write yourself as a villain I one of your books, what type of villain would you be? I would be the homewrecker LOL!!!
- What is the average time it takes to write a book? Ummm, before baby 2 months…After baby…Yeah, I’ll have to get back to you about that LOL
- What is the hardest thing about writing? Writing THE END
- What was the most difficult scene you have written? The beginning of Why I’m Yours with Reagan.
What would you like to say to your readers?
Thank you so much for being on this journey with me. You are the reason why I write. You are the reason why I’m able to do what I love. I appreciate everything you do for me and I love the messages I get from you awaiting a book, while reading a book, and when you’re done. You have no idea how lucky I am to have you in my life! Thank you again from the bottom of my heart and I hope you find your next happily ever after XO.
Books from S. Moose