The awesome Ker Dukey did an interview for me.
Thank you soooo much!!
My books all tend to be darker romance, edge of you seat, angst filled reads. My advice to my readers when starting one of my titles…prepare for the unexpected.
I have always had a passion for storytelling, whether it be through lyrics or bed time stories with my sisters growing up.
My mum would always have a book in her hand when I was young and passed on her love for reading, inspiring me to venture into writing my own. I tend to have a darker edge to my writing. Not all love stories are made from light; some are created in darkness but are just as powerful and worth telling.
When I’m not lost in the world of characters I love spending time with my family. I’m a mum and that comes first in my life but when I do get down time I love attending music concerts or reading events with my younger sister.
- If you could tell your 18-year-old self one thing, what would it be? Stop eating chocolate, you’re going to be fat!!!
- What is your favorite restaurant? Anywhere that serves pizza.
- How often do you curse? All the time, I’m murder for it.
- What is your favorite TV show? I love Games of Thrones, The walking dead, Vikings,
- What’s your favorite way to waste time? Binge watching TV
- What three words best describe you? Loyal, caring, dark
- What is your favorite movie? I just went to see the new Marvel Infinity wars and think it’s probably the best movie I’ve ever seen. I’m a marvel nerd.
- What is your favorite food? Pizza
This or That:
- Toilet paper: Over or Under? Under
- Baseball or Football? Football
- Heels or Flats? I adore the look of heels but they kill my feet.
- Pepsi or Coke? Pepsi!
- Pancake or Waffle? Waffle
- Christmas or Halloween? Christmas
- Fruits or vegetables? Veg
- Puzzles or board games? Board games
- Piercings or tattoos? tats
Book Related Questions: **SPOILERS BELOW**
- I have read 7 of your books so far and have loved them all. I started with Pretty Dolls Series (I jumped in feet first) and it’s been going since then. Who is your favorite character in the Pretty Dolls Series? Benny would be my favorite, if forced to choose. I loved his complex character and no matter how dark we made him, there are readers who still empathized for him.
- What is it like writing with K. Webster? Kristi is fun to work with, we have a great balance and understanding of each other and have built a great friendship from our collaborations
- Vlad, I just finished reading this book and WOW is all I can say. What is your favorite thing about this series so far? Favorite part? Favorite person? I love this series. We have just sent Ven off to the editor. I think my favorite character is the underdog, Vas, he has so much potential and I’m excited to watch him come to life more.
- What can you tell your readers about the future of this series? I can tell them that they just get better and better and to prepare yourselves because Ven is coming!
- Empathy was a book that I could not put down. I thought my family had issues…..this family has issues!!! Did you do any research when writing Ryan? What was the most difficult part about writing his character? I did a lot of research for Ryan, I wanted to nail down his Psyche to perfection. I adored his character. He was messed up but he had these comical moments that just made him so fun to create and explore. I’m not sure what that says about me haha!
- Was it hard writing the sex scenes in this book? Erm…nope haha
- Devil is probably my favorite book of yours so far. I read this book and I was like, “I know what is going to happen” and then I kept reading and was like “HOLY SHIT!!!!” How hard was it to write this book without giving away the plot twist? It takes a lot of planning and going back through the book to ensure I leave bread crumbs to get your mind working but not enough to give the plot away. This is something I pride myself on. If I can surprise the reader with a twist they didn’t see coming I feel like a success.
- Did you do any research on mental disorders while writing this book? Yes, I spend months researching for my characters.
Random Ending Questions:
- Is it hard to write duel POV? No I prefer to read and write duel POV
- Who are your one-click authors? Pepper winters, Jane Washington, Stephen King and of course K Webster
- Do you write full-time or part-time? Full time.
- Do you feel authors should put trigger warnings in their books? I think an authors note at the beginning just to allow new readers to know what they’re getting themselves into
- If you had to write yourself as a villain I one of your books, what type of villain would you be? A villain that you can’t help but like and route for. A villain who kills other villains.
- What books do you have coming in the future? I have Ven coming soon. Nixon (The Four Sons series) Lost Boy and many, many more.
- What would you like to say to your readers? Thank you for your continued support and love for my dark characters. You rock my world.
Books by Ker Dukey:
The V-Game Series: Book 2 coming soon!!!
The Pretty Dolls Series:
Lilith Army MC Series: